Sunday, September 29, 2013

365 Days of Fun - Day #4

Activity - Baby Dedication

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him."
- 1 Samuel 1:27

 Ok, so it's not a typical "activity", but it is something that is super special and only happens once in a child's life. Today, Aaron and I brought our children to the church and before God to let it be known that we will be raising them in a Christian home. We are going to try the best we can to show God's love to them and teach them that Jesus is in fact "the way, the truth and the life." It was a beautiful dedication. One of the reasons I know we are right where God wants us is our church. It's been a long time since I have felt completely welcome in a church and these people made me feel that way from day one. I wouldn't have wanted our kids dedicated anywhere else.


Activity Grade:

6. Baby Dedication - A+
    This is an activity that I am so happy that we were able to do for our kids. It is also an activity that we won't be doing again. At least not for Dominick and Brenda.

The Rest of Our Day

   It didn't end there for us. It was also the churches anniversary, so they had a special lunch after the service. Then, Brenda had a birthday tea party to go to for one of her soccer friends.
Tea Please.

She got her face painted.

The girls were so cute at their tea party.

They even decorated cupcakes.

     Dominick was there, too. He didn't drink tea, but he sure was cute.


Was that all? Nope. After the tea party we met back up with our church friends at the lake for a baptismal service. It was a very fulfilling Sunday. Even with all the activity that was our day, my favorite part was hearing Dominick laugh for the very first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment