Thursday, September 26, 2013

365 Days of Fun - Day #1

Brenda's Activity - Paper Plate Apple


Today is Johnny Appleseed's birthday, so I wanted to do something apple related. I found this craft and thought that it would be a really simple first craft that my 3 year old would be able to do mostly herself. I started off trying this with markers. She got frustrated and bored really quickly with that idea. After an hour or so break, we came back to the project with paint. Bingo! Of course she would like paint better. What was I thinking?
 The markers were just too slow for my fast paced little one.








Dominick's Activity - Tube Talking


 Dominick just turned 3 months old and he loved this activity. I may end up doing this everyday just because I'm addicted to his smiles. This is a hearing activity to show a baby that he can hear out of both ears. I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star softly through a paper towel roll to him and alternated sides.

He was so surprised at first. 

Activity grades:

1. Paper Plate Apple - B+ 
      This was a good activity for a 3 year old once I changed it to paints, but she still wasn't overly enthusiastic about it. I think I had more fun than she did.

2. Tube Talking - A
      This simple activity was so much fun. It was perfect for his age and he really did love it. I have the paper towel roll at the changing table now, so we can play more after each diaper change.

No comments:

Post a Comment