Saturday, September 28, 2013

365 Days of Fun - Day #3

Activity - No Mess Painting


This activity started with just Brenda, but I soon realized that it was something that Dominick could be a part of, too. I put paper in a ziplock bag with paint and taped the paper to the table. Brenda seemed to like it once she figured out that she could write letters in the paint and that the paint wouldn't get her messy. She hates getting messy when she's inside. Outside, she's in the mud puddles and dirt piles, but inside she likes to be clean. On Dominick's, I had him stand on it to get his feet prints and wrote his name on it. I was surprised that the prints stayed once I took it out of the bag.
 
We practiced letters and words in the paint.
Activity Grade:

5. No Mess Painting - B
     Once again, this was more fun for me than it was for Brenda. She was only interested in it for a couple minutes. I'm going to have to find some less artsy activities to keep her attention. Dominick didn't really care either way, but I got a really cool picture out of it. :)




 The rest of our day was good. We took Brenda to her soccer game, but it was quickly rained out. Then we went to lunch with a friend of ours and his beautiful little girl.






2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Have you guys added "Dominoes" to the list of activities? That was always a ton of fun as a kid!!! Maybe you could make the dominoes into shapes and/or letters....less mess for mommy to clean up at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually don't have any dominoes. I did add it to my list! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete