Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Thinking about the good things

I think the stress of everything is starting to get to both Aaron and I. Tonight it became a five hour storm. The storm has past for now and I can once again focus on the things that are the most important things in my life. Of course, I'm talking about my three little blessings. Why God wanted me to be their Mommy is beyond me. They are wonderful. 

Brenda

Brenda has this caring nature about her that I hope she never ever grows out of. She tries so hard to make everyone around her feel better. She's still working on how best to do this and reading other's social cues, but it will come with time. I pray that she never stops trying to help people. 

She is an amazing big sister. Even though, Dominick frustrates her sometimes, she still loves him so much. She also loves Lorelai. She talks to my belly and sings to it. Every day she asks about when Lorelai is going to pop out. She can't wait to officially meet her baby sister. 

Dominick

Dominick is hitting the testing stage. He's testing every limit he can think of and is now a time out pro. He's always been challenging though. Believe it or not, my favorite part of today was when he woke up at 5:15 this morning. I was already up, so it was no big deal. I did try to get him to go back to sleep just because being up that early is not good for him. Anyway, my favorite part was from 5:15 to around 6 where he cuddled on my lap in a rocking chair. He doesn't smell like a baby anymore, but I still can't get enough of his smell. We rocked and I rested my head against his so I could smell his hair. I'm surprised he stayed in my lap so long. I think we were both so content just being together. Then he looked up at me with his sweet face and said, "Mommy. Cereal and milk." That's love. 

Lorelai

First, I want to say that I love every move and kick of my littlest. She's saying hello as I type. However, I am scared of her only staying in there 7 more weeks. I'm not ready for her without Aaron. I want to be able to love on her just as much as I did my other two as newborns, but without Aaron, that's just not going to be possible. I already feel like she's getting the bad end of this deal and unfortunately she is. Of course, she is loved so much and I will get used to my new normal with her in it, but reality is that she is the third child. I haven't gotten any belly shots with her, she is going to wear hand me downs, and she's the first of my babies without a nursery. She is going to have to compete with two older siblings for my attention. Good news is that I am aware that I'm afraid of her not feeling as loved as the other two, so I can make an effort to do something about it. But how? How can I show you how much I love you baby Lorelai? I hope that my cuddles when you come out will be sufficient. Please know that I am going to do the best I can to show you, because I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment