Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Our bad luck continues

        I'm trying so hard not to be pessimistic this year. We have so many good things happening for us. I have a loving husband and 2 and a half amazing kids. I have to wonder if that is why issues are getting to me more. I want them to have a nice house and safe vehicles. The more things we get fixed, the more issues are coming up and we don't have the budget to fix it all.

Here is a recap of the last year:
We had ants come up through the floor and make a hill in my daughter's closet.
We had ants in the kitchen and bathroom, too.
Our foundation is cracking so quickly that our backdoor will no longer shut properly.
There is a crack in our ceiling from wall to wall that makes me feel like the ceiling is going to fall in.
We have roots growing in our pipes causing random backup days.
Our toilet is coming off the floor.
Our van is currently broken down right after we fixed the Jeep, which was broken down before that.
Our oven caught fire and I had to tear apart two of our kitchen cabinets to get a new one in.
Wasps, black widows, and more ants.

        Like I said, we are working hard to get all these things taken care of. Today, we have a plumbing guy scheduled to start tearing up our yard to put in new pipes. We're getting our van looked at this week and we are getting our foundation looked at next week. Yesterday we had pest control out to rid us of our bug issues. This is where our newest problem came up and why I am up in the middle of the night worrying about this.
        Along with getting rid of the ants, wasps, and spiders, we had them check for termites. We got good news to start with. They didn't see any termite damage even though that didn't mean we didn't have them. I was so happy! Finally, something not wrong with our house! Then, he told us about this house he's currently treating where the termites are flying around there kitchen. Wait. Termites can fly?! You can see them with the naked eye? For some reason I was under this delusion that termites were like lice on wood. I thought that they were very small and that you would see damage before you knew they were there. My mind was blown in a bad way as this nice man was describing these flying bugs that can eat my house. I looked them up online and low and behold the strange flying bugs that infested our bathroom last year were termites! From everything I read, that means that we do in fact most likely still have them living in our walls and eating our house. The cost to just eliminate the stupid, scary, little pests is over $2000 to start. Yay....

No comments:

Post a Comment