Friday, January 23, 2015

Weighing the positives with the negative

I really thought that nothing bad was going to happen this week after I wrote my tithe check and nothing big did.... until today. First, I want to start with the positives from this week.

1. Baby is 19 weeks today! I was concerned that I hadn't felt the baby in a couple weeks, so I went to my midwife to check up on the baby. Baby is good, growing well, and has a heart beat of 155! We think Baby just moved to a spot where I can't feel it a lot right now. I did feel baby once tonight, so yay!

2. Dominick said his first sentence on the 21st. He says "eat" when he's hungry, so he came up to me and said, "eat! eat!". I said, "Are you hungry?" He replied by, "Yeah, I..I...I'm hungry." For an 18 month old little boy who said nothing just three months ago, this is huge! I'm so proud of my little man.

3. We are all finally getting over this horrible sickness. We're not completely better, but I'll take a lingering cough over how we've been feeling any day.

4. My college accepted my appeal and even though I had to take a mini break this semester, I should be able to start classes again under my new major in a month. I'm excited for the new start!

Now for the bad news.

Aaron is getting deployed in May. He won't be here when I give birth to our littlest baby. My heart aches because of this. I know after I get over the magnitude of this news, then everything will be fine and I'll make a plan on how I'm going to take care of a new born and our two small children without my husband. It just may take a couple of days and lots of tears to get to that point. I know deploying is part of his job. The timing is just really bad. I would feel much better about it if he was leaving in July or August, but it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment