Friday, January 30, 2015

This week at the Scott's

  Me

     We've been working on getting healthy again this week. Ok, I've been working on getting healthy again this week. Everyone else is better, but for whatever reason, I can't seem to shake this cough and sore throat. I think it's a pregnancy thing for me, because I remember being sick like this with Dominick and I felt like I had a cold forever.


Baby

     I'm 20 weeks pregnant today!!!! I haven't felt the baby a lot yet, but I have felt it more than last week and Aaron got to feel baby kick! I'm going to schedule my ultrasound hopefully two weeks from now, so we will know soon if baby is Lorelai or Marshall (names subject to change.) I'm so excited!


Dominick


     
         Dominick had a speech appointment this week and he wowed her with his two word phases. This last week, he said, "I'm hungry," "I'm silly," "I'm playing", and "the battery's dead" (referring to the I-Pad). Our next goals are to get him speaking clearly enough that people who don't see him all the time can understand him and to continue to increase his vocabulary. He's doing so good.

Brenda

      For those who don't know, Brenda is in a homeschool program called Classical Conversations. She meets with other kids once a week for three hours and works on memorizing a tremendous amount of information. They also do art and a science experiment every week. Those students who can memorize EVERYTHING by the end of the year without mistake will be called memory masters. This is a lot of information, but I think Brenda can do it or at least come close. Since she is only 4 and actually was born two days after the cutoff date, I'm betting she is one of the youngest CC kids if not the youngest in the country. She has an amazing memory and it would be awesome if she became the youngest memory master. The only thing that would be holding her back is me, because of how sick I've been since November.
       I'm not pregnancy sick anymore and I'm ready to help her achieve this goal. In the fall, we were going week by week and she was remembering everything. We even ended up a week ahead at one point, then I started feeling yucky. We are now several weeks behind. I found a videos online of another 4 year old who achieved memory master last year and they tackled it one subject at a time. I decided to start doing this with Brenda this week. All week, we have been working on Latin. Latin is Brenda's favorite and she picked Latin this week. She has to know 37 vocabulary words English to Latin and Latin to English, 3 grammar rules, and she has to say John 1:1-7 in English and in Latin. We still have 2 more days of Latin before we switch to another subject and I have to say that she is doing amazing. I'm planning on taping her saying the memory verse in Latin and in English hopefully Monday, because she is that awesome. 

Family Fun

Brenda was playing with the camera after Dominick went to bed and Aaron and I decided to have a little fun with pictures, too.  



Our newest member of the family, Kitty Brenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment