Friday, October 4, 2013

365 Days of Fun - Days #7 and #8

Brenda's Activities - Cotton Ball Ghosts and Indoor Picnic

Yesterday, Brenda and I made Cotton Ball Ghosts to hang on our wall. I cut out the outline and the face and Brenda glued the cotton balls and the face on. In the middle of this, I had to leave Brenda to glue cotton balls on her own, because Dominick needed fed. She came over to me with the entire bag of cotton balls balancing on the cutout and said, "Mommy, I'm finished!" I'm glad she was so enthusiastic about this. 



Today we had a picnic in our living room. This has to be my favorite activity to date, because it was easy, fun, and I got to really talk to my daughter and spend time with her in a way that you just need a picnic for. I asked her what her favorite story was and she surprised me. I was expecting her to say that it was "The Little Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly", because for the past two months she has wanted me to read this book to her every night. She likes the last page and always says in a very serious voice, "She died, of course!" Instead, she chose "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", so I read that while we were eating.





Dominick's Activities - Mirror Fun and Tickle Spider

Dominick's activities were once again simple. For mirror fun we made faces at each other using a mirror. Tickle spider is a game I play with Brenda a lot. I use my hand to be the spider and I tickle her. With Dominick I walked my hand up and down him acting like a spider and tickling his tummy, feet and neck. I was hoping for another giggle out of him, but no such luck. He has only laughed one time to date and that was for his daddy.

Activity grades:

10. Cotton Ball Ghosts - A
     Brenda loved this. It was the most focused I've seen her in a while. It's an activity that is very simple for her to do.

11. Mirror Fun - A
     I got some fun expressions from Dominick with the mirror. That alone is worth doing this activity again.

12. Indoor Picnic - A+
    This is the first activity that Brenda has asked for several times again already. We may have to make this a weekly event. 

13. Tickle Spider - A
    Tickle spider will always be a favorite of our family for all ages. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment