Tuesday, October 1, 2013

365 Days of Fun - Day #6

Activity - Caterpillar Toes!




We used the leaf rubbings from yesterday and added toe prints on top of the leaves. Then, I drew in the caterpillars' faces and feet. We probably could have done this yesterday right after we did the rubbings, because this activity really only took a couple minutes. Brenda liked it. Dominick didn't care.

Green Toes!

Before I added the faces.

Activity grade:

9. Caterpillar Toes - A+++
     I LOVE this activity! It was quick, super cute and the kids liked it. There are many activities that involve handprints and feet prints, but you don't always get just the sweet little toes.

The rest of our day:

     We have a new tradition in our house on Tuesdays. We call it Turn-it-Off Tuesday. This is our third week doing this and so far the most fun for me. We have a screen free family day and try to use minimal lighting. No TV, computer, i-pad, phone, or video games until after the kids are in bed, so that we can focus all our time on our kids and things that need done around the house. 
      Brenda and I did our normal school activities. Two activities that we enjoyed were making a handprint sheep and making red circles with playdoh that ended with just playing with playdoh. The sheep incorporated cutting, gluing, and drawing. My favorite part was when I told brenda to draw a circle for the sun and she drew the circle and the sun beams. This is something I have never taught her to do. It amazes me how kids figure things like that out without being told.



Dominick enjoyed tummy time during the day and just being as cute as ever. Have I mentioned lately how much I adore my children?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment