Monday, March 2, 2015

School, Snow, and HF&M Disease

         The month of February has been super busy for our family. First, Dominick started Gymnastics this month. He loves it! It's a special time that is just me and him. He was so focused, he participated, and he followed what the other kids were doing. I'm so proud of him.




        Even though I love those special times and I look forward to them. I also look forward to the rare "me" moments. For the first time ever, I was able to get away for two weekends in a row without kids. I have to take advantage while I can since Dominick is finally ok with staying with Aaron and I know it will be another two years before I can get away again, because of baby Scott. Both were busy weekends, but well worth it mommy breaks. The highlight for me was meeting Ben Carson who I personally hope to see win the 2016 presidential election. If you don't know who he is, you should look him up. He's an amazing man.
         After my second weekend away, I came home to a sick baby. Poor Dominick got Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease which led to the quarantine of the kids and I for the last two weeks.
Poor Dominick with his spotted face. He's feeling much better, but is still pretty spotty.

        The first weekend I was away, I bought Brenda a new reading curriculum. This is number four that I've tried with her and so far she LOVES it. I'm so happy. I hope my smart girl will be a reader soon.

Coloring by sight words for Valentine's Day (not part of the new curriculum, but still fun)

Brenda and the letter D. 

       The highlight this past month for Brenda was the recent snow. She was so sad that Christmas came and went without any snow. She was equally excited last Friday when she woke up to snow on the ground even if it was just a dusting. 

All bundled up to play in the snow.


Kitty Aaryn liked the snow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment